Wednesday, March 18, 2009

something smells good....

A couple of recipes that I want to share...
The first one, crock pot chicken & dumplings, I found on Stephanie's blog.
The cherry cheese pie I found the recipe from http://allrecipes.com/ (if all else fails, I look here)
Enjoy :)

Crock Pot Chicken Dumplings

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken broth
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Stephanie says......
"*** Note: I didn't use the biscuits. I used Mary B's frozen dumplings because I like a "noodle kind of dumpling". I also added some carrots and peas, but you have to add them at the end because they make the texture a little watery. ***"

Directions:
Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth, and onion in a slow cooker. (If your chicken is not covered, you can add about a cup of water.)
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough (or frozen dumplings) in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

** I place the biscuits in the oven, then add them at the end. I also added the carrots and peas**


Cherry Cheese Pie

Ingredients:
  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and blend until mixture is smooth. Spread into graham cracker crust and spoon pie filling over top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours before serving.

No comments: