Monday, January 9, 2012

a new year


Hello everyone. I hope the new year is finding you well. I feel like the new year is starting off right. I don't like to make resolutions because we often make them unattainable and too abstract. The goals that we list for ourselves are usually too long to commit to all at once.
However, I do love the new year. I love to start fresh, wipe the slate clean. It is never to late to be who you want to be. If you want to make a change, the best way to start off the new year is with a lifestyle change. 
Well, I haven't made a life style change yet, but I did take winter quarter off of school. I realized that I have been going strong for seven quarters now without a break. I have this drive to finish, finish, finish.
However, I felt that I needed to devote more to to my family right now, more time with my kids. They are only little once and this time seems to be flying by right now. I think I need to devote a little bit more time to myself as well. 
I maybe ready to go back before spring quarter starts, but I think that this is a much needed break. 

I also intend to start posting on here more, again. If you look back through the years, some years I post a lot and others I don't. Last year was not a big year of bloging for me. Every time I think its time to shut the blog down, I look back through the years and I just don't have the heart to do it. It is like a journal of all the things I love. So look forward to more posts this year as well. I also tend on updating Ollie's blog more.

No comments: