Sunday, March 4, 2012

m&m banana bread

I just made a loaf of m&m banana bread.
My son Van loves this bread. 
I found this recipe in a magazine a long time ago, but  they used chocolate chips. 
I exchanged the chips for m&m's to make the bread more colorful.

you need:
3 overripe bananas
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 egg
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 tbs milk- chocolate chips ( or m&m's)

pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and egg.
melt butter in microwave, add it to the bowl, and stir until just blended.
pour into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle on chocolate chips. Bake for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

It's yummy.

3 comments:

how i met your father blog said...

sounds delicious! i love m&ms!

LEIGH said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Amazing! Now just put the green m&ms in there and you have a St. Patty's day bread!

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

I LOVE homemade m&m cookies so I can imagine this bread is to die for. Thanks for sharing, I will most definitely be trying it out!

Allyssa
breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com